Floyd Company and Property Tax Reduction Specialists handles the entire property tax appeal process for you, saving you time, money, and frustration. We pride ourselves on providing impeccable service to our customers.
Contact us through our website, phone, or regular mail, and provide us with a list of your property addresses. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, and begin a preliminary review of your assessments. As we review your information, Barbara or one of her staff may contact you with additional questions.
Once we have completed our preliminary review of your properties, we will let you know if we think that you are fairly assessed at this time, or whether we recommend an appeal. (Sometimes we do actually recommend that you should not appeal your property taxes.) If we recommend a property tax appeal, we will advise you when the next opportunity to appeal your property tax assessment is; and we will send you a Letter of Authorization and our agreement for your signature.
We file the requests for appeal and begin preparation for the appeal hearings. Barbara or one of her staff may also contact you to discuss any questions or issues there may be regarding your property.
Barbara attends the hearings and holds the appeals on your behalf. Approximately 30 to 60 days after that, we receive the results. We then calculate the savings and present you with a Savings Analysis showing you just how much you have saved. Along with the Savings Analysis, we provide a recommendation whether to appeal further to the second level, the Property Tax Appeals Board, or on a few occasions to the third level, the Maryland Tax Court.
Please be aware that the appeal process typically takes several months from the filing of the appeal request to receiving the results of your appeal. Feel free to contact us at any time if you have questions about your appeal, but please know that we will contact you once we have the results of your appeal.
After the appeal results are received, we follow up with SDAT and the Tax Office as needed to ensure your refunds are processed correctly and that your future tax bills are adjusted accordingly.
As a client of Property Tax Reduction Specialists, we will continue to track your property assessments and notify you when we see reason to appeal again. Of course, you may call or email us at any time if you feel you need to appeal again, if you have any questions, or if you are purchasing new properties.
– Answer all your questions, and to file your appeal requests in a timely fashion.
– Collect from you and from our own sources all of the information needed regarding your property and any pertinent issues.
– Prepare your appeals honestly and completely, to give you the best chance of obtaining reductions.
– Inform you and keep you updated on the status of your appeals.
handle the entire process for you, saving you time and frustration as well as saving you money.
– Provide our recommendation regarding proceeding with any additional levels of appeal.
– Return all signed documents before the deadline, so that we can proceed with the requests for appeal.
– Respond honestly, timely, and completely to any questions that Barbara or her staff may ask regarding your properties.
– Provide any additional documentation requested.